A new 6.6 km extension from Highway 7 to Major Mackenzie Drive with:
- eight lanes from Highway 7 to Rutherford Road;
- six lanes from Rutherford Road to Major Mackenzie Drive;
- three new interchanges (Langstaff Road, Rutherford Road and Major Mackenzie Drive).
A 4.0 km road widening from Finch Avenue to Highway 7:
- from six to eight lanes between Finch Avenue to south of Steeles Avenue;
- from four to eight lanes, from south of Steeles Avenue to Highway 7.
Managed lane infrastructure is included in the project to improve traffic flow.
The contract includes a 30-year period, starting with the opening of the highway, during which LINK427 will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the highway.